I Spent Almost A Decade As A Technical Writer In The Silicon Valley
My specialty is combining technical writing, technical illustration, and book template design for a total package. I consider myself a “translator”, translating complex Geek Speak into something a typical user can understand and use. I don’t know code and it’s not my strength.
I specialize in creating manuals such as software user guides, process and procedure manuals, Best Practices handbooks, training materials, operational and project manager manuals.
Here Is a “Cover Letter” of My Unique Technical Writing Skills
- I have an extensive library of book templates with many built in automatic features.
- With these templates, I’m able to quickly and easily convert massive amounts of disparate information into an organized and accessible formatted book. Can generate a Table Of Contents within a few hours.
- I can design your book templates, do the technical writing, and also do technical illustration. You get a complete book, all from one source.
- I can create a single graphic that summarizes your entire manual or that illustrates some very complex process or procedure.
- I’m an excellent developmental editor, identifying what information is missing from the documentation.
- I’m not highly technical but am exceptional at “translating” highly technical information so it’s comprehensible to the non-technical reader.
- In technical writing, the critical component is designing the documentation so that a user can immediately access desired information.
Where to Next?
Now that you’ve seen the Technical Documentation samples, go to the Presentation Graphics page to view some of the presentations I’ve created for clients.