My Clients Are Some Of The Top Consultants and Coaches In The World…
…They Are Also On A Mission To Make A Positive Difference In The World
Highly talented and extremely creative consultants and coaches make up the bulk of my clients. They tend to be exceptionally gifted at their work, and have an established roster of satisfied clients. Their services are very valuable, though they may not be maximizing revenue from providing those services. These clients make good money already but money is not their primary motivator.
What really drives my clients is a desire to make a positive difference in the world. Many are quite seasoned and experienced. What they want at this stage of their careers is to expand the reach of their legacy contributions. They’ve already helped a lot of people and want to exponentially widen the circle their work touches.
My Clients Sell Their Services…
…And Want Professionally Written Web Content and Business Materials
Marketing writing to sell services is different from selling products. You—the provider—is an intimate part of what you’re selling. When you’re selling services, it’s not as easy to separate yourself from what you’re selling as it is when selling a product. Your prospects must trust you to decide to hire you. Feeling like they know you is an important part of getting prospects to buy your services. These are the kinds of problems that my clients need to solve:
- You’re too busy making money in your business to do website writing or create marketing materials. You need new website writing, but it costs you too much when you take time away from the business. Every hour you spend not providing services is very costly to you. You don’t want to spend your time doing website writing when you could be making money instead.
- Your successful business has changed dramatically, but your website does not yet reflect that. You’ve made many changes to the business, but haven’t had time to make website writing changes. It wastes your time to explain the discrepancies, and takes momentum from the sales process.
- You’re ready to evolve your business and upgrade your offerings.You’re in that transitional place where you’re poised to make a lot of changes in the business. You’re going a new direction or combining services to offer greater value to clients. It’s an exciting time, full of thrilling new ideas and concepts. You want to get this new work out into the world as quickly as possible.
- You want to work with a different target market who’s more committed and pays more. You want longer engagements that are more profitable. You prefer to spend less time marketing and more time delivering services. You’re ready to re-orient your business to attract an upgraded market.
- What you say about your business isn’t showing up on your website. When you talk to a prospect about what you do, you’re passionate and excited. Yet, on your site, the words seem wooden and clunky. They don’t seem or “feel” like you when you read them. You wouldn’t buy your services from what you say on your site.
Who Gets the Most From These Services?
These Types of Clients Get the Most Powerful Results
We’ve worked with many clients to fulfill their marketing writing needs. Specific types of clients tend to have the greatest successes from working with us. The common traits of our most successful clients are the following:
- You want to grow your business, increase your revenue, and attract more clients more easily. Even though you are already successful, you’re ready to evaluate new ideas, revamp, and grow the business.
- You have a sense that your business could be so much better, and have a vision of what that could be. You believe in that vision and are committed to its fulfillment.
- You’re already successful in business, and want to increase the success of your business. If it’s a new or first business, you have a business-oriented background. If you’re just beginning a business, you have a solid grounding in your skills and a strong foundation.
- You’re action oriented and follow through on your commitments.You don’t believe in excuses or procrastination. You’ve got that proverbial “fire in the belly” to succeed in business. You think of yourself as one of those types who “doesn’t let any grass grow under your feet”. You’re a doer.
- You’re open to transforming and enhancing your business. You’re willing to consider new options for additional revenue. You want to fine tune delivery or other aspects of the business. You’re excited by potential and willing to “try on” new ideas. You aren’t one to do what you’ve always done.
- You want to pursue new markets, or expand the current market. You want to carve out a new niche, or drop old target markets. You recognize that your target market drives your marketing. You’re always excited by changing and improving your business.
My Clients Are The Greatest!
They’re the best—smart, savvy, and successful—and they want to be even more successful. When you’re considering revising your business and your website writing, keep three things in mind. These are the specifics to think about as you shop and consider options:
Focus on Revenue Generation
Be psychologically, financially, and mentally prepared for a considerable upsurge in business. When investing in web writing, be sure that your investment pays off in revenue and profit. That includes the actual time and process of doing the writing. up money. If new web content won’t add to your bottom line, is it a good investment.
Build your marketing and marketing materials on a strategic foundation. Know what you want to accomplish with your business. Make sure that your website writing and business writing cab will accomplish their strategic goals. Be intentional in your business writing. Be willing to take your business BEYOND the next level.
Spend Your Marketing Budget On Attracting Your Target Market
Make sure that the money you have budgeted for marketing brings you targeted clients. Creating or revising your web content is critical to your current strategic initiatives. You know exactly where you want to take your business and who you want to work with. Use your savvy to bring your target market to you.
The Robert Middleton “Footnote”
If You Want Robert Middleton-Style Writing, You’ll Find It Here
Many of our clients are also dedicated fans of Robert Middleton, my mentor and the guru of service business marketing. If you’re a Robert Middleton fan, rest assured that he has personally tutored me to deliver his methodology in my writing. If you’re on this site to get “all things Robert Middleton” when it comes to writing, rest easy. You will get what you came for—and you won’t have to explain any Middleton principles to me.
Where to Next?
Now that you know the kinds of clients we work with, go to Bad Writing Costs Your Business to learn a little about the ways bad writing can negatively impact your business results.