Attract Higher End Clients And Charge More For Your Services…
…By Packaging Your Services To Deliver Greater Value
Are you stuck under a price ceiling and can’t figure out how to earn more for your services? It’s a matter of packaging your services to deliver more valuable outcomes and attract higher end clients. Most consultants and coaches do all sorts of “extras” for clients that are very valuable. However, they don’t think of these extras as part of a package.
Packaging your services may take an outsider’s objective viewpoint to show you your value. It’s very likely that you have a variety of skills and expertise that could be combined into a package. It’s also probable that you haven’t discovered how to package that and how to price it. I have to admit that—even though I do this for a living—one of my clients was the one who helped me understand the value I deliver. The objectivity of another skilled person is invaluable.
If You’re Not Packaging Your Services For High End Clients…
…It’s Probably Costing Your Business A Lot
If you haven’t packaged your services for high end clients, you’re paying for that. Your business becomes a constant scramble for clients. You spend too much time getting clients and not enough time getting paid for services. It’s a lot more work and expense to keep your revenue up. When each client engagement is short, you have to spend too much time marketing. When you don’t offer packages of services, these are the problems you have:
- You have short client engagements that are not very profitable. The clients you work with really can’t afford your services so they don’t work with you for long. They get a little bit of good work done and move on. It’s not profitable foryou to work with them, and it’s not profitable to spend so much time getting short-term clients.
- You struggle and fight for new business. It feels like you’re “scraping the bottom” all the time. It’s a real challenge to land any new business at all. Marketing takes too much of your time and doesn’t bring enough results. As talented as you are, it’s silly that getting new business is this hard. It doesn’t even make sense.
- You “bottom feed”, attracting clients who are not ideal. You pretty much take any client you can get. Some are not the most pleasant to work with. Others are not likely to get optimal results from your services because they aren’t your real target market. Your business isn’t strong enough for you to be more selective, and that’s not an ideal situation.
- Your talent and great services aren’t making you nearly the money you should be making. You don’t seem to be able to gain traction or get up any momentum. You have “good months” and not so good months. With your talent and the value you deliver, you should be doing a lot better financially.
- You don’t know how to package your services so you can charge more money. You hear a lot about this whole idea of “packaging” your services. It sounds like a great idea and might be just the thing for you, but you don’t know how to do it. Maybe you’ve even tried to put together a package, but it didn’t seem very valuable. No one bought it. You couldn’t build your own enthusiasm about it.
Selling High End Packages of Services Is a Whole Different Business Model…
…And The Revenue Potential Is Substantially Greater
Once you’ve started to sell high end programs, you’ve got a whole new business. It’s a transformative experience. Why would you want to patch together your revenue from lots of small jobs? It’s way more fun working with committed clients, for longer terms, who get better results. You have greater credibility in the marketplace, and come to be seen as an expert. These are the kinds of experiences you can expect when you package your services for higher end clients.
- You have longer, more profitable client engagements with committed clients. Your clients get so much value from your services that they want to continue working with you. They benefit long-range and want to refer others to your services. You make a nice profit, and the sustained engagements mean that you need fewer clients and do less marketing.
- It’s a lot easier to win new business because your services stand out. You’re doing something unique that delivers exceptional value. Your package combines various aspects of your background in new and valuable ways. You charge more for your services because of the packaging. It’s actually easier to market and you get better results for your clients. The package of services has much more perceived value than scattered sessions . You’re finally making the income that matches your talent.
- You’ve upgraded your target market, attracting ideal clients. You can afford to be selective about who you work with because your business is in a stronger position. You work with great people who are actually fun and inspiring. They get optimal results from your services because they’re your real target market. It’s a major shift for your business.
- You’re making the money your talent and services deserve. You start off slow and get traction. It takes a bit of time, but you also gain momentum. It’s easy to see how you can continue increasing momentum selling your new package. You’re able to charge double, triple or quadruple what you were charging before. Your average engagement has a much higher dollar value. It was a lot easier to “pull off” selling packages than it seemed like it might be. You’re excited about your package so it’s easy to sell.
- Getting an objective outside viewpoint, it’s easier to package your services and charge more money. Your only regret is that you didn’t do it a long time ago. Through the process of our working together, your package details became obvious. We review your previous packaging attempt and reassembly it so you are now completely enthusiastic about it. It feels like it’s easy to sell a package—for more money.
Why Don’t All Coaches and Consultants Sell High End Packages?
They Haven’t Yet Mastered How To Package Their Services To Deliver Great Value
It’s not all that obvious how to put together a package of services for higher end clients. It’s a matter of increasing the value to the client. Often, coaches and consultants give away all kinds of extras. They do it as a matter of course. Those giveaways amount to a lot of extra value, but they’re not even “taking credit” for it. When they describe their services, they neglect to mention these freebie bonuses.
If you’re not combining the whole range of your skills in a package, you may be missing out. Your unique skill combinations may specifically help you command a niche. It’s sometimes hard for us to look at all our skills and see how to combine them into a package. Even when we can do that, we don’t always understand how to sell that package or capture a market. How to package your services for high end clients is something you’re usually left to figure out on your own.
This Service—Creating High End Packages—Has Many Benefits…
…Starting With Increasing Your Business Revenue
This service—Creating High End Packages—is a quick, efficient way to create packages of your services. It’s an assisted process, where we brainstorm, discuss, and strategize together. Then, I write up a draft of your package. I’ve written many of these packages for myself and for others. On your own, they can take many hours spanning days—and even weeks and months. Working by yourself, it’s easy to get bogged down in questions, concerns and doubts. Here are the benefits of using this service to create your own high end packages:
- You can charge more money for your services. You deliver more valuable outcomes with a package of services. When you structure a package of services to have greater value, your clients recognize that. They’re more willing to invest when they see how your structured process delivers the desired outcome.
- You get better clients who work with you for longer times. Higher end clients are looking for and willing to commit to longer engagements. They understand that it takes time to get the outcomes they want. They’re much more committed to getting those results. They’re interesting to work with and you enjoy them more.
- You deliver more value to your clients. Value comes from putting together a package of services that delivers predictable outcomes. When you’ve provided services for a while, you know what works for your clients. Packaging your services takes advantage of your proven knowledge and turns it into value.
- Your clients get better results. When you create a robust value-packed package of services, your clients win. They get the outcomes they’re paying for. You’ve structured your services to ensure that they get those outcomes.
- You’re more likely to get referrals because your clients get better outcomes. When clients get what they pay for, they want everyone to know. They “talk you up”. They’re happy to refer others to your services.
- It’s a lot easier to put together a package when you work with an objective and skilled partner. For most consultants, creating a high end package alone is a struggle. Even when the components are obvious, it’s not simple to construct the package for greatest perceived value. Co-creating is simply more fun. There’s more synergy with two brains working out the details of the package. You get better, smarter combinations and structuring.
- You get instant feedback about your packaging ideas. When you have questions or concerns, you’ve got a partner to “run them by”. It’s like “in the moment” market testing.
- You utilize a greater breadth of your skills, talents and experiences.Most consultants and coaches have massive accumulated expertise. Frequently, they’re only using a small portion of their background. Building a package of services utilizes more of your gifts. You function in a more rounded way.
- You learn how to put together packages for high end clients. Once you’ve gone through the process with me once, it’s a lot easier for you to do it again on your own. You see how to build in value and structure your packages. You understand how to deliver the outcomes your clients want. It’s simple to provide the necessary detail to sell the package.
How Creating High End Packages Works
First You Buy the Service
You pay for the service, and the process starts immediately. Once you have purchased, this is what you can expect.
Step One—First Phone Session (90 Minutes-2 Hours)
We get right into the work and set up our first phone appointment.Typically, this session lasts an hour and a half to two hours. We brainstorm on packaging your services for the high end. It’s a process of discovery where we lay out your target market, skills, and possible combinations. We talk about how to add more value to what you’re doing now. All kinds of possibilities pop out. I’m a coach and ask you coaching-type questions to elicit preliminary ideas. These are the kinds of questions we discuss:
- What are you doing now?
- What ideas do you have for packaging your services?
- What outcomes have you gotten with your best clients?
- What specifically did you do to get those outcomes?
- What could you add to what you’re doing now to create more value?
- How do you structure your package so that it delivers even more value from a longer time commitment?
- What “extras” do you provide that are valuable?
- What skills and services can you add to make your package more valuable and deliver even better outcomes?
- How could you create more value from your services by satisfying additional client needs?
- When you think about your ideal clients, what could you do to lessen their time constraints or increase the money they earn? There’s always a market for those outcomes.
When we finish, I start to draft up our initial ideas. Typically, we get a great start and it’s easy to put together the “outlines” of a package. Of course, it’s all preliminary. During the writing process, I get additional ideas and put them into the package for consideration.I send you the draft to review.
Step Two—We Have Our Next Phone Session (90 Minutes-2 Hours)
We work on the phone again fleshing out the package of your services. What typically happens is that our ideas get better and better as we work. The package starts to seem more real. You get more ideas about what could deliver specific outcomes to clients. We keep tweaking and filling in the details. I take you through all the steps and stages of delivering your package of services. This is what we look at:
- What’s the first thing you do? Is it an assessment, survey or interview? What’s included in that? What questions or tools do you use? How do you uncover the information you need to set the stage for your package of services?
- After that first step, what happens? What do you do with those results? How does the client benefit?
- What’s the next step and the next and the next?
- What tools do you use at each step?
- What results and benefits does the client get from each step?
- What is the reasoning behind each step? Why do you do it that way?
- What’s the whole program look like?
- How do you wind things up?
After the session, I draft up what we’ve worked on, fleshing out the new details of the program. What we have starts to take shape and solidify. When I’ve finished the draft, I send it to you for review and input.
Step Three—Third Phone Session (30 to 90 Minutes)
In this session, we work on writing up the outcomes and benefits.Again, I’m asking you questions and helping you come up with the content. We’re examining the kinds of results and benefits your previous clients have gotten. We’re also adding the results and benefits this new package would provide. I add the new content to the draft and write up all the details. You get a copy to review.
Note that ten hours is plenty of time for most people to create a package of services. I have had a couple of times where the package was very technical or complex or the details evolved over time. These situations required multiple iterations and consumed more time. That’s highly unlikely with most people however.
When I first worked out packages for myself on my own sites, it took 30-50 hours or more per package.Now, I’ve done so many, I’ve got the process down to a science. You get the benefit of my guidance and experience to make it much easier for you. I also keep the process moving for you.
Step Four—Short Phone Conversation To Finalize Your Package
We spend a short time on the phone making final edits to your package. Typically, this goes very quickly and the client is quite excited about the possibilities. We fine tune, complete our call and I finalize the writing and send it on to you. You have a new higher end package of services that you can charge much more for.
Here’s What You Get When We’re Creating High End Packages
You Get This…
- Ten Hours Of My Time, Divided In This Way
- Approximately five hours in phone sessions
- Approximately five hours of writing up all the details of the package (draft and final)
- If the job requires more than 10 hours, additional time is charged on an hourly basis.
- Approximately five hours in phone sessions
Plus, You Also Get This…
- Strategic Coaching—We talk about how to put together a package that executes your strategy. If you want to work with new clients, the package supports that. If you want to address a new market, that’s the package we put together.
- Partnership In Creating A Package—You have help in pulling together all the steps, outcomes and benefits of your program. It’s a lot faster and easier to do with an experienced guide. I’m skilled in getting the right information from you and shaping it into a value-packed service. You get a lot of ideas and suggestions for how to structure the package.
- Immediate Marketing Feedback—You have a marketing professional to run your ideas by. You get honest and valuable feedback—immediately. Clients get excited about their packages as we build them together. That’s it’s own kind of feedback
- A Complete and Detailed Package Of Services—When we’ve finished with your package, you should be able to charge a multiple of your typical fees. Because we’ve structured a package that delivers specified outcomes, they’re also easier to sell.
Robert Middleton Has Trained Me To Write These Kinds Of Packages…
Get Started Now!
If you’re specifically looking for a Robert Middleton style High End Outcome Based (HEOB) writing package web site, you’re in the right place. Robert’s trained me personally, and I’ve written and edited HEOB’s for his students. The next step is to contact me, discuss your project, and get started.
Where to Next?
Now that you have the overview of WOW Factor Writing, go to the Other Services page to learn about the different services we offer that combine Marketing Writing, Marketing Coaching and Strategic Planning for the small service business.
Pick Up That Phone and Call, Or Fill In the Short Form Below!
If you’d like to talk about your needs for Creating High End Packages, or if you have questions, you can either click the Contact Us button or fill out the form below and we’ll connect with you to set up a time to talk.
If for any reason, this form does not work for you, click the “Contact” button and send me an email. Send your name, phone number, time zone, and 3 good times to call you. We’ll get right back to you.