Attract Higher End Clients And Charge More For Your Services
By Packaging Your Services To Deliver Greater Value—i.e., Better Results
Are you stuck under a price ceiling and can’t figure out how to earn more for your services? Charging more is a matter of packaging your services to deliver more valuable outcomes that attract higher end clients. Most consultants and coaches provide valuable “extras” for clients. If this is you, let’s turn those extras into a premium package for your clients.
Packaging your services is easier with an outsider’s objective viewpoint to point out value. It’s likely that your skills and expertise could be combined into a premium package. It’s also probable that you haven’t discovered how to write a package that commands higher prices. I’ve got to admit that—even though I do this for a living—one of my OWN clients was the one who helped me understand the real value I deliver. Outside objectivity is invaluable.
If You’re Not Packaging Your Services For High End Clients…
It’s Probably Costing Your Business A Lot
If you haven’t created premium packages for high end clients, it affects your bottom line. You’re constantly scrambling for clients and not spending enough time getting paid for services. When you don’t offer premium packages of services, these are the problems you have:
- You don’t know how to package your services so clients are willing to pay more. “Packaging” services sounds like a great idea, but you don’t know how to do it. Maybe you’ve even tried to put together a package, but it didn’t seem valuable enough to justify higher prices.
- You’re not making anywhere near what your talent and services should command. You have “good months” and not so good months. The business doesn’t seem to be able to gain traction or get up momentum. With your talent and the value you deliver, you should be doing a lot better financially.
- You have short client engagements that aren’t very profitable. The clients you work with are marginal so they don’t work with you for long. It’s not profitable for you to work with them, and it’s definitely not profitable to spend so much time getting short-term clients.
- You struggle and fight for new business. It feels like you’re “scraping the bottom” all the time. It’s a challenge to land new business. Marketing takes too much time and results aren’t proportional to the effort. As talented as you are, it’s ridiculous that getting new business is this hard.
- You “bottom feed”, attracting clients who aren’t ideal. You pretty much take any client you can get. Some are not the most pleasant to work with. Others aren’t likely to get optimal results from your services because they aren’t your real target market. You’re not positioned to be more selective, and that’s not an ideal situation.
Selling High End Packages of Services Is a Whole Different Business Model
And The Revenue Potential Is Substantially Greater
Once you’ve started to sell premium programs, you’ve got a whole new business. It’s transformative. You’re no longer patching together revenue from small jobs. You’re working with committed clients—for longer engagements—who get better results. Your credibility is boosted and you’re seen as an expert. Here are the kinds of experiences you can expect when you create premium packages for higher end clients.
- Using an objective outside viewpoint, it’s easy to package your services and charge more money. You wish you’d done it sooner. Through this process, your package details became obvious. You’re completely enthusiastic about the new packaging and confident of the value. That makes it easy to sell a higher priced package.
- You’re making the money your talent and services deserve. You start off slow, get traction, then gain momentum. You’re able to charge double, triple, quadruple or 10X what you were previously charging. The best part is that your clients WANT the packages—at the price you set.
- You have longer, committed engagements with more profitable clients. Clients get so much value from your services that they work with you longer. You make a nice profit, and the sustained engagements mean that you need fewer clients and do less marketing.
- New business is easier to win because your services stand out. Your services are unique and deliver exceptional value. The way we’ve created your premium package delivers highly desirable results. It’s obvious to your prospects that the way the package is constructed is going to give them the results they want.
- You’ve upgraded your target market, attracting ideal clients. You can be selective about who you work with because your business is in a stronger position. You work with great people who are fun and inspiring. They get optimal results from your services because they’re your real target market. It’s a major shift for your business.
If You Want To Raise Your Prices
You Must Increase The Value Of Your Services
It’s not obvious how to package services for higher end clients. You don’t just raise the prices—you have to increase value to increase prices. It’s hard to look at our skills and know how to combine them into a package. Even when we can do that, we don’t always understand how to design a package to capture a market.
If you’re not combining the whole range of your skills into a premium package, you may be missing out. Your unique skill combinations may help you command a niche. Don’t try to package your services for high end clients on your own.
Raising Your Prices Is Only One of the Benefits of Creating Premium Packages
There Are Other Benefits Of Purchasing This Service From Me
Creating Premium Packages is an efficient path to increasing the price of your services. We construct the package together in interviews and I do the writing for you. But that’s not all.
- YOUR clients get better results. When you structure a robust value-packed package of services, your clients win. They get the specific outcomes they’re paying for. Your package design ensures that they get those outcomes.
- Better outcomes means you’re more likely to get referrals. When clients get the results they’ve paid for, they want everyone to know it. They naturally talk about you and your services. They’re happy to refer others to you.
- You get a guide in creating a premium package. When you have questions or concerns, you’ve got a marketing expert to give instant feedback.
- You utilize a greater range of your skills, talents and experiences. Most consultants have massive accumulated expertise. Frequently, you’re only using a small portion of your background. Building a premium package of services utilizes more of your skills.
- It’s a lot more fun to construct a premium package together. On your own, it can take many hours spanning days—and even weeks and months. Working by yourself, you get bogged down in questions, concerns and doubts. Together we’ll work through all the issues. I’ve written many of these packages for myself and others.
How Premium Packages Works
First You Buy the Service
You pay for the service, and the process starts immediately. Once you’ve purchased, this is what you can expect.
Step One—First Phone Session (90 Minutes-2 Hours)
We get right into the work and set up our first phone appointment.Typically, this session lasts an hour and a half to two hours. We brainstorm on packaging your services for the high end. It’s a process of discovery where we lay out your target market, skills, and possible combinations. We talk about how to add more value to what you’re doing now. All kinds of possibilities pop out. I’m a coach and ask you coaching-type questions to elicit preliminary ideas. These are the kinds of questions we discuss:
- What are you doing now?
- What ideas do you have for packaging your services?
- What outcomes have you gotten with your best clients?
- What specifically did you do to get those outcomes?
- What could you add to what you’re doing now to create more value?
- How do you structure your package so that it delivers even more value from a longer time commitment?
- What “extras” do you provide that are valuable?
- What skills and services can you add to make your package more valuable and deliver even better outcomes?
- How could you create more value from your services by satisfying additional client needs?
- When you think about your ideal clients, what could you do to lessen their time constraints or increase the money they earn? There’s always a market for those outcomes.
When we finish, I start to draft up our initial ideas. Typically, we get a great start and it’s easy to put together the “outlines” of a package. Of course, it’s all preliminary. During the writing process, I get additional ideas and put them into the package for consideration.I send you the draft to review.
Step Two—We Have Our Next Phone Session (90 Minutes-2 Hours)
We work on the phone again fleshing out the package of your services. What typically happens is that our ideas get better and better as we work. The package starts to seem more real. You get more ideas about what could deliver specific outcomes to clients. We keep tweaking and filling in the details. I take you through all the steps and stages of delivering your package of services. This is what we look at:
- What’s the first thing you do? Is it an assessment, survey or interview? What’s included in that? What questions or tools do you use? How do you uncover the information you need to set the stage for your package of services?
- After that first step, what happens? What do you do with those results? How does the client benefit?
- What’s the next step and the next and the next?
- What tools do you use at each step?
- What results and benefits does the client get from each step?
- What is the reasoning behind each step? Why do you do it that way?
- What’s the whole program look like?
- How do you wind things up?
After the session, I draft up what we’ve worked on, fleshing out the new details of the program. What we have starts to take shape and solidify. When I’ve finished the draft, I send it to you for review and input.
Step Three—Third Phone Session (30 to 90 Minutes)
In this session, we work on writing up the outcomes and benefits.Again, I’m asking you questions and helping you come up with the content. We’re examining the kinds of results and benefits your previous clients have gotten. We’re also adding the results and benefits this new package would provide. I add the new content to the draft and write up all the details. You get a copy to review.
Note that ten hours is plenty of time for most people to create a package of services. I have had a couple of times where the package was very technical or complex or the details evolved over time. These situations required multiple iterations and consumed more time. That’s highly unlikely with most people however.
When I first worked out packages for myself on my own sites, it took 30-50 hours or more per package.Now, I’ve done so many, I’ve got the process down to a science. You get the benefit of my guidance and experience to make it much easier for you. I also keep the process moving for you.
Step Four—Short Phone Conversation To Finalize Your Package
We spend a short time on the phone making final edits to your package. Typically, this goes very quickly and the client is quite excited about the possibilities. We fine tune, complete our call and I finalize the writing and send it on to you. You have a new higher end package of services that you can charge much more for.
Here’s What You Get When We’re Creating High End Packages
You Get This…
- Ten Hours Of My Time, Divided In This Way
- Approximately five hours in phone sessions
- Approximately five hours of writing up all the details of the package (draft and final)
- If the job requires more than 10 hours, additional time is charged on an hourly basis.
- Approximately five hours in phone sessions
Plus, You Also Get This…
- Strategic Coaching—We talk about how to put together a package that executes your strategy. If you want to work with new clients, the package supports that. If you want to address a new market, that’s the package we put together.
- Partnership In Creating A Package—You have help in pulling together all the steps, outcomes and benefits of your program. It’s a lot faster and easier to do with an experienced guide. I’m skilled in getting the right information from you and shaping it into a value-packed service. You get a lot of ideas and suggestions for how to structure the package.
- Immediate Marketing Feedback—You have a marketing professional to run your ideas by. You get honest and valuable feedback—immediately. Clients get excited about their packages as we build them together. That’s it’s own kind of feedback
- A Complete and Detailed Package Of Services—When we’ve finished with your package, you should be able to charge a multiple of your typical fees. Because we’ve structured a package that delivers specified outcomes, they’re also easier to sell.
Robert Middleton Has Trained Me To Write These Kinds Of Packages…
Get Started Now!
If you’re specifically looking for a Robert Middleton style High End Outcome Based (HEOB) writing package web site, you’re in the right place. Robert’s trained me personally, and I’ve written and edited HEOB’s for his students. The next step is to contact me, discuss your project, and get started.
Where to Next?
Now that you have the overview of WOW Factor Writing, go to the Other Services page to learn about the different services we offer that combine Marketing Writing, Marketing Coaching and Strategic Planning for the small service business.
Pick Up That Phone and Call, Or Fill In the Short Form Below!
If you’d like to talk about your needs for Creating High End Packages, or if you have questions, you can either click the Contact Us button or fill out the form below and we’ll connect with you to set up a time to talk.
If for any reason, this form does not work for you, click the “Contact” button and send me an email. Send your name, phone number, time zone, and 3 good times to call you. We’ll get right back to you.